How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8739
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a bit clueless when it comes to tax and need some help.

Customer Question

Hello, I am a bit clueless when it comes to tax and need some help. I have a full time job which I pay all the necessary tax on. I am thinking of selling videos on the internet through an american company - if I make any money from this, will I also need to pay tax on this?
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: The upcoming year.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats evething
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just A swer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, you will! You should register for self employment, the procedure is here:

Onae registered HMRC will send you a self assessment tax return for completion at the conclusion of each tax year [5 April]. You will declare your video income and your employment income and HMRC will send you a bill for any Income tax (IT) and NI contributions outstanding.