How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 26962
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I'm a UK resident, if I earn in Australia and it gets paid

Customer Question

I'm a UK resident, if I earn in Australia and it gets paid in to the UK, what do I need to include on my UK self assessment so I don't pay tax twice
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: hi no just trying to understand if I decide to take the work scope being offered
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: the work will be undertaken in the UK, payment will be from Australia, presuming Australian no resident tax will be deducted
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 9 months ago.

If you are not physically in Australia you will not be taxed by Australia. You declare your total income on your Self Assessment to the UK

You are not double taxed

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 8 months ago.


Just checking to see if you understand