bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Assistant: How can I help? i am french and I am planning to

Hello ,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i am french and I am planning to go back to my country. I have heard that we can ask the taxes back when we leave U.K.
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: i was wondering how it works ?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn’t talk to anyone yet .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

When you leave the UK, be sure to send a Form P85 to your UK tax office as you quit these shores. The Form provides for the refund of tax overpaid on departure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello thank you . Is there a way to know how much it will be ? And is it only the tax overpaid that we will receive or the tax that we paid in general ? I have read that after my tax back I can’t go back to work in U.K. for 5 years

Balderdash and Piffle, The date you depart will determine the level of tax due and anything over that will be refunded. You can certainly return later.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you .
I am not sure that i am clear enough, sorry for my English.
In which case when you ask back your income taxes, you are not able to come back to work for 5 years?

Absolute rubbish!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ahhahaha ok that is a good point . Is there a Way to know approximately how much we will have back?

Difficult to compute at this stage, don't worry. it will all come out in the wash so to speak.

Thank you for your support.