How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16712
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I'm try to work out which which relief code to put in box 20

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm try to work out which which relief code to put in box 20 on the SA108 form I sold a commercial property
JA: When was the property or asset sold?
Customer: February this year
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's about it thanks

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

What was the commercial property used for?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was a high street shop with offices above that were all rented out


As the property was an investment property (as opposed to being used in a business run by you ) you aren't entitled to any reliefs other the annual CGT exemption which was £11,700 for 2018/19.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
which code to I put in box 20? OTH?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Or nothing?

You leave it blank.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

That's assuming the shop wasn't used for your business.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you