bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I received a document and I've no idea what it is. It

Hi! I received a document and I've no idea what it is. It mentions an amount - but we're a startup with no income - what could it be?! Do we need to pay taxes!????
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Our accountant just left on maternity leave and won't be coming back in a month - we're quite nervous about this doc
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are not based in the UK and barely understand how UK taxes work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just attached the file

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

It is a receipt issued by HMRC for the sum received from the company for the account period ending 30 September 2018. Just file it and ignore it! It could be the start of a scam

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ohhh awesome, thanks a lot! I thought I needed to pay this amount - I was freaking out!

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.