taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?

Hi ..
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I am a doctor in the UK,I came with my family:husband and 3 kids..
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have paid Home office for visa around 20 k..

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. Please expand on your question and I will respond to you shortly.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have paid Home office loads of money as Visa fees..as Iam on a work visa..and can't without it..
I've just ring HMRC helpline and they said it's not tax deductible..is there any way to sort out this?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No I haven't..

Procurrng a visa to enable one to work in the country is not a deductible expense in the UK. There is no relief against income tax on this expense, I'm afraid.

The taxman (HMRC) has given you a correct answer.

You may not like the answer, but as a professional, I have to give you the best advice possible based on the facts. I'm sure you would rather know the truth,so that you can find a way forward that doesn’t waste your time and money. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.