How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8762
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have bought a BMW car with VAT paid and the seller advised

This answer was rated:

I have bought a BMW car with VAT paid and the seller advised that with the papars I have I could reclaim the VAT. Now I would like to be advised how I should put in my claim for the aforementioned VAT reclaim. I hope I make sense.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, not at all.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just his official guidance.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Unless you are registered for VAT the tax cannot be reclaimed.

bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you a registered VAT member? If so,could you process my VAT claim?

Sorry, I de-registered all my companies some time ago.

I would like to talk, but from long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me; I am on 01750 725420.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay. Thanks.