Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
105330465

I am going to rent out my market gazebos for a Christmas

I am going to rent out my market gazebos for a Christmas market. Do I have to charge VAT? Will it make any difference if I rent it out as a complete market with stallholders or just the gazebos and they charge stallholders themselves?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so

Hi I am one of the experts. If your sales are expected to go higher than £85000 per annum then you should register for VAT otherwise there is no necessity. So it is up to you if you want to register for VAT to charge VAT. You need to explain this business more to me as to what are the options as this Gazebos and stallholders difference need to be clarified. By the way this will a commercial decision.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok thanks. So as my takings do not go above 85k per annum I don't have to register for VAT and so don't need to charge it regardless of the status of the client.

Yes it depends on your own sales for VAT registration.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok thanks

Welcome and good luck.