How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8465
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Please can you answer the following. If an amateur society

Customer Question

Good morning. Please can you answer the following. If an amateur society hire a large theatre for a week from a registered Charity will that charity charge them Vat for hiring the Theatre? The society will be putting on a top class show and will be charging something like normal ticket prices. Many thanks in advance for your help. very best regards, *****: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I had hoped you would be able to answer.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I am simply trying to help the society.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

They will, if they themselves are registered for VAT.