taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I entered incorrect vat code 0% ECG on sales in past 3

Hello,I entered incorrect vat code 0% ECG on sales in past 3 months but it was supposed to be 0% RG on sale as the goods did not leave UK, it was bought via Too Good Too Goo app which is registered in Denmark.I already sent vat return so i will change vat code to 0% RG so i will have an adjustment in box 8 of minus £10000 on next return becase we do not sell anything to EU. Do i need to fill Fill in form VAT652 to show that box 8 was adjusted? Good are 0% vat so it did not make any difference for vat.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

It appears the error is in value of supplies to other EC member states.

You would use Form 652 to notify error made in previous VAT return.

You can include the net value of the adjustment in the VAT return for the period of discovery if the net value of the errors doesn't exceed the greater of:

• £10,000 or

• 1% of the box 6 figure required on the VAT return for the period of discovery, subject to an upper limit of £50,000. If you've included, or intend to include, the adjustment in the VAT return for the period of discovery then you should select ‘Yes’ in the field marked ‘Adjusted in VAT return’ to indicate this.

More information on Form 652 can be found here

https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/Vat_iForms/1.0/VAT652&template=VAT652.xdp

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you, the only difference will be in box 8 as it was 0% sale so after changing EC vat code to z vat code, it does not give any vat due on this sale, shall i still send the form to be save?

Thank you for your reply.

Personally, I would for completeness in case HMRC were to carry out an audit of your VAT returns.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
of course, many thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.