taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Im on HMRC website trying to submit a july argust september

Customer Question

im on HMRC website trying to submit a july argust september return but it says i have no oustanding periods to pay
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. Please advise what return you are trying to send - is it VAT return?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
VAT return
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i would prefer to talk online

Thank you for your reply.

I presume you have already paid VAT for period Apr-Jun 2019. In this case you would have no outstanding periods to pay.

This is a new return for Qtr 0919 and you should be able to file your return.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have payed april - jun 19 but it says july - september isnt due i would have normally payed this period in november

Thank you for your reply.

You would only know what to pay once you have filed the VAT return. If you pay by direct debit then the VAT payable would be collected from your nominated bank account around 12-14 Nov. You should file your VAT return first, due no later than 7 Nov.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i do it online and it is then collected from my bank account but it isnt allowing me to file a return i can get on to my account and see all previous returns but it is saying i have nothing to file but i must have as 09 19 hasnt been submitted yet

Thank you for your reply.

Are you filing the VAT return under MTD?

You will not be able to file VAT return using the old portal as it stopped accepting VAT returns online after Apr onwards qtr ends.

I hope this is helpful.

If you are having issues, I suggest you contact HMRC MTD VAT helpline. Contact details here

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/vat-enquiries

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
how will i be able to file them going forward

Thank you for your reply.

You need to register for filing under MTD VAT and use third party software to file your VAT returns digitally.

More information on this here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-70022-making-tax-digital-for-vat/vat-notice-70022-making-tax-digital-for-vat