TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Can i claim any income tax back as worked out of the country

Customer Question

Hi can i claim any income tax back as worked out of the country most of year and about to leave . And I now going to Australia to work under they tax rules so wondered if I can get any monies back
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2019-2020
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is Tony. I'm looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 months ago.

Have you had any UK source income in the current tax year, 2019/20?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yes I currently work for Danish company but there uk part working in Sweden but now the parent company has asked me to work for the Australian side of company but under Aussie regs so not uk tax from November 19
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 months ago.

Leave this with me while I draft my answer.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 months ago.

Complete a P85 before you leave the UK and send it to HMRC with your P45 from your UK based employer. You will be entitled to a full personal allowance for 2019/20 so you may get some tax back.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 months ago.

Hi again.

I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions. If not, would you mind rating my answer so that I get credited for my work.