How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16616
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Can i claim any income tax back as worked out of the country

Customer Question

Hi can i claim any income tax back as worked out of the country most of year and about to leave . And I now going to Australia to work under they tax rules so wondered if I can get any monies back
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2019-2020
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 7 days ago.

Hi. My name is Tony. I'm looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 7 days ago.

Have you had any UK source income in the current tax year, 2019/20?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes I currently work for Danish company but there uk part working in Sweden but now the parent company has asked me to work for the Australian side of company but under Aussie regs so not uk tax from November 19
Expert:  TonyTax replied 7 days ago.



Leave this with me while I draft my answer.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 7 days ago.

Complete a P85 before you leave the UK and send it to HMRC with your P45 from your UK based employer. You will be entitled to a full personal allowance for 2019/20 so you may get some tax back.


I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.