taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have a question regarding rent to rent properties. Let say

Hey. I have a question regarding rent to rent properties. Let say i will let a property and agreed with the landlord i can rent the property to third parties tenants. (Rent to rent). the rent i will collect from the third parties tenants will be an income for me. Will this income be taxable? Cause iam planning to invest properties in that way. Do rent to rent properties. So i will have large amount of incomes. Will all those rents i will collect be taxable? And if is taxable, what is the procedure to show my incomes from the rents to the hmrc?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

If you sublet the property, then rent received would be taxable income for you and should be reported on property income section of the main tax return.

You can opt for rent a room scheme. More information on this can be found here.

https://www.gov.uk/rent-room-in-your-home/the-rent-a-room-scheme

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered you rquestion.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.