How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6805
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Assistant: How can I help? i am based in the UK. I have two

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i am based in the UK. I have two jobs, my main job where I earn £31,000 annually and my second job £3600 annually
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need help organising my tax and understanding tax codes and which one is the best
Assistant: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: 6 april 2019 to 5 april 2020

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you.

Please advise if you are taxed on your second job on a BR tax code.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Which my main job (31k) I have been coded BR with my second job I have been coded 1250L

Thank you for your reply.

It appears you have BR tax code on main job instead of tax code 1250L. You can get this changed.

If you believe your tax code is wrong you should contact HMRC who will issue your employer with a revised tax code as required. This can be done by phone – 0300(###) ###-####/p>

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question. and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.