taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I’m wondering about stamp duty, please. I’ve just bought my

Customer Question

Hi! I’m wondering about stamp duty, please. I’ve just bought my first property in my own name (for £230k), but am now purchasing another property for development purposes (£165k). This one is being bought in a LTD company, and I am the sole director. This will be the first property owned in this company. I’m confused about which Stamp duty rate J need to pay for the second property. Please could you point me in the right direction?!
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, I’m new to the UK, and don’t yet have a tax professional that I’ve worked with before.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so- is there anything g else they would need to know?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Residentail properties bought in LTD company name caryy higher rate of stamp duty.

More information on this is under "Companies" here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/stamp-duty-land-tax-buying-an-additional-residential-property

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 7 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.