taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Vat have sent me a cheque made out to GMA Wholesale Ltd.

Customer Question

vat have sent me a cheque made out to GMA Wholesale Ltd. This firm ceased trading at the end of May and no longer has a bank a/c . I have returned the cheque but not had any response.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am retiring to a flat and can no longer keep 7 years paperwork. What alternatives do I have?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 10 days ago.

It appears the company is still active per Companies House records.

Please advise

- did you keep a copy of the cheque for your records?

- is it worth opening an account in the company's name again in order to bank the cheque

You need to write to HMRC and ask for the cheque to be re-issued as they would not normally issue it to a third party.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.