taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

How can I find out if any cheques from the tax office we’re

Customer Question

How can I find out if any cheques from the tax office we’re sent to me.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I am not sure how to do this.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had invested in Oxford Capital Solar EIS and part of the deal was I would get tax concessions To date I have not received any. My first investment was in May 2010 and the second was in August 2015. I need to know we’re these ever paid out.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You claim tax relief for Enterprise Investment Scheme investments on your main tax return.

HMRC helpsheet HS341 explains the process and it is here [look under how to claim the relief]

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/enterprise-investment-scheme-income-tax-relief-hs341-self-assessment-helpsheet/asdg

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did the investment through a financial advisor . He was supposed to complete paperwork. I have asked him repeatedly about this but he just keeps telling me he is looking into it.He also says I received 2cheques from HMRC which I did not.Iwant to know if HMRC sent any cheques out and to who me.

Thank you for your reply.

If your financial advisor was to complete the paperwork then you should ask him to find out where HMRC sent the cheques.

Did you notify HMRC of your invetment under EIS to claim income tax relief as it is your responsibilty to make sure your tax return has complete information.

I advise you to write to HMRC (providing copy of supporting information) and ask for income tax relief. You will get a definitive response. retain a copy of your communication with HMRC.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate myservice by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.