How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16711
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I have a Care and Protection order on my 95 year old mother,

This answer was rated:

I have a Care and Protection order on my 95 year old mother, who never was in paid work. When young she worked in her home raising three young brothers. After marriage she worked as a housewife and mother. She was widowed 7 years ago and has lived in a nursing home for the past two years. Her only income is State pension and attendance allowance and £27 annual interest from the savings that are being used to pay her nursing home fees. What is her situation as regards ***** *****?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2017 to 2018
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: does he need her National insurance number?

Hi. My name is Tony. I'm looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Unless your mother's income exceeds £12,500 per annum she will have no income tax liability. Attendance Allowance is tax free in any event.


I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been asked about the tax record of my 95 year old mother, redident in a nursing home. She never worked outside the home, before or after marriage and is a widow. I dont think she made a taxreturn ever and never had an income apart from state pension and attendance allowance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Is this a sufficient answer for query from Office of care and Protection



Would you mind rating my answer before you leave the site please.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you