How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15322
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

If I live in HK and have worked less than 30 days in the UK,

Customer Question

If I live in HK and have worked less than 30 days in the UK, I deem the days as incidental but the tax office don’t what tax do I need to pay
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.

Please expand on the 30 days work days - were they meetings or training or just normal work - and please what do you mean they were incidental ? Are you paid from the UK with a UK employer ? Do you own any property in the UK or have family (spouse or children) were you previously resident in the UK ?I can then advise how HMRC will view these days - thanks Sam