How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15108
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I would like to ask a question regarding send cash gifts for

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i would like to ask a question regarding send cash gifts for family or friends, I am a non uk resident wanting to send cash gift to a uk resident is there any tax implications or any certain procedures i need to do?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly



There are no UK tax impications for you of your family within the UK - if you have no assets in the UK thereby creating an Inheritance tax position for the future - if you have no assets ehere then there is nothing to worry about. You then just need to check the countries tax position for making gifts and any long term Inheritance tax position from where you do reside - Thanks Sam




Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is not gift tax where i am making gifts from..just wondered if me sending would complicate anything to the receiver?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i.e if they would need me to show any legal document to state its a cash gift or proof where the source of fund is coming from? i was reading online quickly and saw people commenting these were some of the things i may need to do


There are no complications at all - you will I assume either send a cheque or make a bank transfer- the receiving bank (if its a huge amount) may ask about its origin so by all means provide a letter to any of the recipients detailing the amunt and from whom its from and that its a gift. But its unlikely to be needed - thanks Sam


Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i see, so its very simple...great thanks