Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I would like to ask a question regarding send cash gifts for

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i would like to ask a question regarding send cash gifts for family or friends, I am a non uk resident wanting to send cash gift to a uk resident is there any tax implications or any certain procedures i need to do?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

There are no UK tax impications for you of your family within the UK - if you have no assets in the UK thereby creating an Inheritance tax position for the future - if you have no assets ehere then there is nothing to worry about. You then just need to check the countries tax position for making gifts and any long term Inheritance tax position from where you do reside - Thanks Sam

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
there is not gift tax where i am making gifts from..just wondered if me sending would complicate anything to the receiver?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i.e if they would need me to show any legal document to state its a cash gift or proof where the source of fund is coming from? i was reading online quickly and saw people commenting these were some of the things i may need to do

HI

There are no complications at all - you will I assume either send a cheque or make a bank transfer- the receiving bank (if its a huge amount) may ask about its origin so by all means provide a letter to any of the recipients detailing the amunt and from whom its from and that its a gift. But its unlikely to be needed - thanks Sam

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i see, so its very simple...great thanks