taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Do I have to do a tax return for payments my husband has

Do I have to do a tax return for payments my husband has made to me of £500pm?
Assistant: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: i had a business which closed in 2014 and am complete if an income and expenditure form to come up with a payment plan. I haven’t any income other than that which my husband gives me
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a cost for this services
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I thought this was uk

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you.

Please advise what these payments are for?

Do you have any other income?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He pays me £500 pm for household expenses such as food shopping and £130pm for personal items such as clothes. I don’t work due to ill health. He pays for all bills and property expenses. Everything is in his name. He pays his own income tax.

Please advise what these payments are for.

Do you have any other income?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had a business that closed in 2014 due to ill health that has tax outstanding. Hmrc are asking for an income and expenditure plan so that a payment plan can be made. Officially I have no income other than that which my husband gives me. I’m worried about declaring those amounts as I haven’t ever done a tax return with them as we only married last year.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can’t talk on the phone sorry

Thank you for your reply.

Contributions to you for your living expenses are outside the scope of income tax.

You don't report these as income and if you are not filing a tax return, you don't have to file one to show this as income.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.