How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16712
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Are dividends received from the Santander Dividend

This answer was rated:

Are dividends received from the Santander Dividend Re-investment plan required to be entered in UK SA tax return? If so where are they to be entered . Dividends received less than £300.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2018/19
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

They don't have to be disclosed "if your only foreign income is dividends under £300 in total and you do not have anything else to report" as it says here. I have never had an adequate explanation of what constitutes "you do not have anything else to report" so I have always disclosed them in client's tax returns especially if they are higher rate taxpayers in which case they may have more tax to pay even allowing for the foreign tax.. I ask myself, what do HMRC mean by "anything else", any other income at all or any other foreign income? The notes here suggest you should disclose them.

Disclose the dividends in Section A on page F2 of the SA106 Foreign pages here if you decide to disclose them at all.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you