taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am vision impaired with macular problems, I had to stop

I am vision impaired with macular problems, I had to stop driving. Am I eligible for tax allowance for this, also have cardiac problem.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no, I do not have one!
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what> I am 83 yrs old. retired and pay tax on pensions,what else is useful ?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You can claim Blind Person’s Allowance if both of the following apply:

- you’re registered with your local council as blind or severely sight impaired

- you have a certificate that says you’re blind or severely sight impaired (or a similar document from your doctor)

The Blind Person's Allowance for the tax year 2019-20 is £2,450, regardless of your age or income.

If you qualify you should contact HMRC and conact details are here

https://www.gov.uk/blind-persons-allowance/how-to-claim

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no thank you, ***** am registered blind, I still have some vision with the help of spellcheck

Thank you for your reply.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I still do not know what is qualification for tax benefit re blind persons allowance - does it apply to me?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what is the qualification for blind persons tax allowance ?

Thank you for your reply.

You have stated that you are registered blind.

I presume this is with your local Council. If this is the case, you need a letter from your GP to confirm you are registered blind.

These are the qualifications for additional tax allowance.
I will be grateful if you would kindly reconsider your rating and rate my service positive.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you, this was not clear from earlier replies !

Thank you for your reply.

I hope this is helpfuland answers your question.