taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My son has been very ill. I had to give up work a year ago

My son has been very ill. I had to give up work a year ago to care for him. My husband is just over the higher tax threshold boundary. We have had a huge amount spent on medical expenses as his treatment is not NHS funded, even though the NHS recommended it!!! Is there any tax relief given on medical expenses? My husband is. Design Manager for JCB so he is on PAYE. Many thanks
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

There is no tax relief on medical expenses, I'm afraid. Medical expenses are private and out of scope of tax relief.

You may not like the answer but as a professional I must state the facts.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.