How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7245
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My son has been very ill. I had to give up work a year ago

This answer was rated:

My son has been very ill. I had to give up work a year ago to care for him. My husband is just over the higher tax threshold boundary. We have had a huge amount spent on medical expenses as his treatment is not NHS funded, even though the NHS recommended it!!! Is there any tax relief given on medical expenses? My husband is. Design Manager for JCB so he is on PAYE. Many thanks
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

There is no tax relief on medical expenses, I'm afraid. Medical expenses are private and out of scope of tax relief.

You may not like the answer but as a professional I must state the facts.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.