How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16669
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

My spouse has an income of well below the personal tax

Customer Question

My spouse has an income of well below the personal tax allowance, and my income from Company and state pension is being taxed. Can some of my taxable income be transferred to my partner.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: This would be for the current tax year, but it may also include 2018-2019. We tried to do this ourselves in 2016 but ended up in a bit of of mess, where we were both deemed to have underpaid our tax. In the light of that I would want to have some professional help.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is fine Thanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is Tony. I'm looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 13 days ago.

You cannot transfer some of your pensions to your spouse I'm afraid.


If you haven't done so already, your spouse can transfer up to 10% of their personal allowance to you. Take a look here for more information.


I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 days ago.

Hi again.

I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions. If not, would you mind rating my answer so that I get credited for my work.