TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

My spouse has an income of well below the personal tax

Customer Question

My spouse has an income of well below the personal tax allowance, and my income from Company and state pension is being taxed. Can some of my taxable income be transferred to my partner.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: This would be for the current tax year, but it may also include 2018-2019. We tried to do this ourselves in 2016 but ended up in a bit of of mess, where we were both deemed to have underpaid our tax. In the light of that I would want to have some professional help.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is fine Thanks
Expert:  TonyTax replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is Tony. I'm looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 13 days ago.

You cannot transfer some of your pensions to your spouse I'm afraid.

If you haven't done so already, your spouse can transfer up to 10% of their personal allowance to you. Take a look here for more information.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 days ago.

Hi again.

I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions. If not, would you mind rating my answer so that I get credited for my work.