taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Does a GP Surgery have to pay VAT on energy supplies? No, No

Customer Question

Does a GP Surgery have to pay VAT on energy supplies?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

VAT on business electricity and gas bills is usually charged at a rate of 20%, but some businesses will be able to pay a reduced rate of 5% this if they use less than 33 kilowatt hours of electricity - or less than 145kw hours of gas - per day.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.