How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8659
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I’m going through financial Remedy proceedings. I have 2

Customer Question

I’m going through financial Remedy proceedings. I have 2 properties both solely in my name. My ex has an occupation order and I’ve returned back to my flat. I was in the matrimonial home for 2 yrs, outside of that I resides at the flat. Am I eligible to pay CGT?
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, but think that’s what’s needed?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I let the flat for the 2yrs I resides at the matrimonial home.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also did not elect/specify main residence within initial 2 yrs
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Flat was owned since 2003, I left for 2yrs Jan 2015 - jan 2017. Flat was purchased at 91k and valued at £115 and matrimonial home purchased at £177500 and valued at £235000. At the matrimonial home I replaced windows for £8.5k, new boiler £3k, carpets, beds, refitted shower room £3k and fencing £2.5k. At the flat I refurbished every room including complete refit of kitchen and bathroom £15k
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.