Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I’m going through financial Remedy proceedings. I have 2

Customer Question

I’m going through financial Remedy proceedings. I have 2 properties both solely in my name. My ex has an occupation order and I’ve returned back to my flat. I was in the matrimonial home for 2 yrs, outside of that I resides at the flat. Am I eligible to pay CGT?
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, but think that’s what’s needed?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I let the flat for the 2yrs I resides at the matrimonial home.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I also did not elect/specify main residence within initial 2 yrs
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Flat was owned since 2003, I left for 2yrs Jan 2015 - jan 2017. Flat was purchased at 91k and valued at £115 and matrimonial home purchased at £177500 and valued at £235000. At the matrimonial home I replaced windows for £8.5k, new boiler £3k, carpets, beds, refitted shower room £3k and fencing £2.5k. At the flat I refurbished every room including complete refit of kitchen and bathroom £15k
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Cancel