Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have a. Buy to let property which I lived in from 1993 to

Customer Question

JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I have a. Buy to let property which I lived in from 1993 to 2000 and have rented out since. I am selling now due to the change in relief from CGt in April. Can I change to joint names before sale to bring in my husbands allowance
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Property bought for 38000. Now sells no 140,000. Want the best tax advice for disposal pre April or post April if it doesn’t sell before
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: 2019/20. But maybe 2020/21 if sale doesn’t happen before april
Expert:  Sam replied 7 days ago.
If you transfer to joint names and sell in the same tax year then HMRC will disallow this as clearly find just to save paying the expected tax position - sorry the news is not better- thanks Sam