Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I did claim as marriage allowance tax and now i have to pay

i did claim as marriage allowance tax and now i have to pay a lot of taxes. Could i cancel the request for all the previous years to avoid to pay?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
just advise HMRC but nite if the allowance has been awarded then your wife will then owe tax once then allowances are taken back from her- thanks Sam
Note not nite- apologies - thanks Sam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Sam for your answer. I claimed the marriage allowance on november the 12th and i have received the letter about owe taxes 3 days after so maybe i can ask to cancel all?i have called HMRC today to cancel all but the person told me he didn't know if i could cancel all the marriage allowance claim, he told me i will receive a letter about that. I wrote that because probably the cheque is not on the way yet so i can cancel, maybe. I would like to write a mail to cancel too. How can i write in the mail to show HMRC i am on time to cancel all yet? Thank you in advance for your answer

You may be able to do that is they have not actioned the request to make the transfer - but you will need to write and there is no timeline here - its just hoping your request to cancel arrives before they action the claim made - Thanks Sam