How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 27463
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If a person gets profit share on a monthly basis - what type

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: If a person gets profit share on a monthly basis - what type of tax applies to that? because its not equity share so I dont think its capital gains tax
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: the business is via selling mobile phones but it would be prfoit share from another company that does all the selliing
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Dividends are payments made to company shareholders from the profits of a company

The tax-free dividend allowance is £2,000. Basic-rate taxpayers pay 7.5% on dividends. Higher-rate taxpayers pay 32.5% on dividends.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The dividends received are from profits but the investors are not shareholders in equity but rather just receiving profit share. Would the same tax apply?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.

You are most welcome.
A 5 star positive rating would be appreciated

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Scroll up to see the stars to rate

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you