How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15467
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am in the UK and our company will just be going over

This answer was rated:

Hi I am in the UK and our company will just be going over 85,000 revenue in a 12 months rolling period, however, this will be the case for around 3 months and then we will not be over that threshold - do we still have to pay VAT in those times?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: What do you mean sorry?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Did you see my query above?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: payment structure

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

HI if you can satisfy HMRC that the value of your taxable supplies will not exceed the deregistration threshold in the next 12 months, then he may not have to register. If your believe that you can satisfy HMRC that your future turnover will not exceed £83,000, you can apply for an exception from registration. A VAT1 form need not be done; the request should be made in writing to the Registration Unit setting out his turnover figures and the reasons supporting the request. Thanks Sam

Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you