Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
105330465

If my year end is 31 Aug 2018 and my cis vouchers are from

If my year end is 31 Aug 2018 and my cis vouchers are from june 2018 to april 2019 do i include all income or do i just claim the tax amount ?
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 18/19
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that thanks

Hi I am one of the experts. Tax year is from 6 Apr 18 to 5 Apr 19 as you know already, so if vis vouchers are missing then contact your contractor and get all info. Or call HMRC Cis helpline and ask them how much cis is deducted at source. Normally HMRC takes some time to send you the letter but you can try. I would only put cis tax that is deducted for sure and you have got evidence in hand because in any way HMRC has got an actual record and in case wrong info is submitted then you should expect inspection.

Hope I have answered your question?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks duke your answer but it’s not clear, i am reporting income from 1/9/17 to 31/08/18 on 18/19 tax return, however my cis statement is from april to april ( i have all of them and know how much tax deducted) my question is do i include all the income from my cis statement on the return or apportion it?

This tax year is from 6 apr 2018 to 5 apr 2019 so please put relevant earnings and expenses to this tax period. This info from 1/9/17 to 5/4/2018 belongs to your 2017/18 tax return. Is that clear now?