How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8786
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm looking for tax advice for ebay sales, 2018 for just

Customer Question

I'm looking for tax advice for ebay sales
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: 2018 for just now
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

Hrllo, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Have you registered as self employed with HMRC yst?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not yet as I have a full-time job already and didn't realise I needed to submit sales on ebay to HMRC as well.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

I assume that you are trading some items not just disposing of unwanted personal possessions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

Well forget about the personal possessions. For the rest of your eBay trading you must register as self employed and report gross sales and cost of sales in your self assessment tax return. Once you register as slef employed HMRC will send you a return form to complete at the conclusion of each tax year [5 April].