How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8983
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a very small one-man travel business. Clients pay

This answer was rated:

I have a very small one-man travel business. Clients pay their deposits in the year before they take their holiday. Do I need to put their deposits on the tax return for the year they were paid or do I carry them over into the following tax year when they actually take their holiday.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2018-2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: nO thank you

Hello, \i am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I would be inclined to treat them a payments in advance and bring them into account when the full fee is paid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is that allowable Bt hmrc?

Yes, of course.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

From long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

I think we covered everything in the telephone call.

Thank you for your support.