bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am trying to avoid doube taxation on my personal income

I am trying to avoid doube taxation on my personal income Last year I was woking in Switzerland as a permanent employee for 3 months And paid my tax in Switzerland
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2018-2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just I want to make sure that the income I have earned in Switzerland should not be taxed in the UK

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Bad news, I regret, it will and should be declared on your self assessment tax return. Under the Double Taxation Treaty between the UK and Switzerland, which precludes the same income stream being taxed in both jurisdictions, the tx paid in Switzerland is allowed as a tax credit against your UK liability.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much for your help. I understood, I have to pay the difference between tax due in the UK and the tax amount I have paid already in Switzerland

Correct, delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.