How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8994
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have been estimated to have a tax liability of £7662.30

This answer was rated:

I have been estimated to have a tax liability of £7662.30 based on an incorrect tax code for year 2018/19. I'm not sure how this has arisen
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Have had the assessment done by my husband's accountant
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apparently as my total income was over £120,000 I was not entitled to any tax free pay
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2018/19

Hello, I am one of the exprt on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

If your income rises above 100K you loose your Personal Allowance (PA) at the rate of one pound for every two quid over. It i possible that this was not picked up.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What options do I have for payment and how do I make sure that I still do not have an incorrect code?

The arrears are payable by 31 January. You have to keep your beady eye on your tax code if you go over 100K of income. HMRC have the habit of producing it like the rabbit out of the hat when the tax year ends.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your excellent support.