bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I co-owned a flat with my husband and have tenant in common.

I co-owned a flat with my husband and have tenant in common . If my husband gives me most of his half and have only 5% ownership left. Do i need to pay any stamp duty for this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant we are going to have a letter of declaration that I would own 95% of the property

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Inter-spousal transfers do not attract Stamp Duty. However, Stamp Duty has been abolished, powers delegated to regional assemblies and renamed so the exact location of the property is needed to give you a fulll answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply - the flat is in London.

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is the relevant tax.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I need to pay Stampm Duty land tax for this flat?

No, it is an inter spousal transfer/

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your reply - i will go ahead and have the letter of declaration done.

Thank you for your support.