Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have been asked to fill in my first UK Tax Return for

Hello, I have been asked to fill in my first UK Tax Return for 2018/19, because my salary has crept slightly over 50,000 pounds and my wife receives child benefits. It's my only source of income.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2018/2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

So may I ask what your question is ? Thanks Sam

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Sam, thank you. I am anxious about filling in the 2018/19 Tax Return correctly, as it's my first. I received £50,732.89 gross for the tax year, while my partner received £1,788.80 in child benefit. How much should I need to pay for 2018/2019?

Thanks for your response - you can use the child benefit higher rate benefit calculator to work this out link here https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-tax-calculator but based on your salary of £50732 it advises that you will owe if you have one child and no benefits attached to your employment and no savings or make any gift aid payments that you will owe £75

If the details I have used are incorrect then just go the calculator and put in the accurate details -