How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7057
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I wondering if you could give me some advice about my

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I wondering if you could give me some advice about my 2018/2019 tax return? I haven't been in the UK long, only since the beginning of 2018 and during that time I was employed by a company until 2018 and then in October was a sole trader from December. I haven't registered with the tax department as a sole trader and now am concerned about what I need to do in order to file my return for earnings I have made from Jan to March 2019. What do I need to do for this and do you think I will be penalised?
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: 2018/2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I left my job I thought I was going back to Australia so I got a part refund on tax I paid here in the UK which I need to account for as well.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Link for registering as self employed for self assessment.

I hope this is helpful.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
here it is

I thank you for accepting my answer and phone call.

Many thanks