TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

If divorce financials are done after Decree Absolute then if

If divorce financials are done after Decree Absolute then if in case it is decided that my pension gets transferred to my ex wife’s name, are there any tax implications ?

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Not for you. Your ex would pay tax on any distributions directly to her

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would there be any tax implications for her if it was transferred to wife before Decree Absolute ?

The transfer is not taxable but if she takes out that is taxable

before or after decree

You are most welcome

A 5 star positive rating would be appreciated

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your response. Are you saying that if the pension is transferred in her name whether before or after decree absolute then there are no tax implications ?However, if she cash withdraws the pension once it is in her name then there is tax implication ?

I am saying that does not matter

There is only tax when money is taken out

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you also saying that even if a percentage of my pension is transferred in her name before or after decree absolute then there are no tax implications but only if either myself or her withdraw from it ?I'm going to give you 5 star rating as I totally appreciate your advice.

Yes I am saying that

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I Iremortage the home and pay wife, are there any taxes to pay if I pay her either before or after Decree Absolute ?Basically, I'm asking are there any disadvantages if finances are done after decree absolute ?

Sirry but that is a new question so you really k=need to post as new