bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am self employed, plus receive a UK State Pension, and I

I am self employed, plus receive a UK State Pension, and I also receive a Dutch state pension. No tax was paid in Holland. Do I need to file an additional Foreign Income section?
Assistant: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: I’m a full time live-in carer for elderly people, and as such classed self employed.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can’t think of anything else

Helo, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, you do to declare your Dutch Pension.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Yes, I do realise I have to declare my Dutch pension income, just not sure where. When I entered it on the foreign income section, it asked me about pension scheme tax relief. I have no tax relief. Then I read somewhere (but can’t remember where) that I should declare my Dutch pension income on my regular income sheet.
Sorry if I sound muddled, as I am not familiar with tax form speak.

Quite frankly I don't think it matters in the slightest where it is declared ;providing it is declared! It might be more convenient to aggregate it with yiue UK tate Pension which is taxable, but paid gross.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It certainly is much easier to declare it without the hassle of the confusing (to me) foreign section.
Thank you for your help and quick response.

Thank you for your excellent support.