How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

An irish school wants to buy from us on-line - what rate of

This answer was rated:

an irish school wants to buy from us on-line - what rate of VAT do we charge - can they claim it back their end?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to heklp you with your question.

Inter EU sales are standard rated supplies so you should invoice with 20% VAT. The buyer can claim it back as Input Tax in the usual way.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The reason for my question is that the buyer is an irish government educational establishment -- are they initially exempt - or must they pay in advance?

These are UK sales not Irish ones so VAT applies.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.