How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7111
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I received a document from a third party )which I think is a

This answer was rated:

I received a document from a third party )which I think is a scam) stating that I have taxes on my name
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: how can I verify that?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is supposed to be 2019 but it does not have a year written on

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m not a UK citizen but I got scammed by a broker company and now they are telling me that I have taxes on my name

I was answering your question when you made a request for phone call.

It has the hallmark of a scam and you are urged not to entertain it.

If there is a repayment due to you, HMRC would normally write to you or your agent and also provide calculations.

If you file tax returns online, you can check your tax account and it will tell you whether you are due a repayment or not and the year it relates to.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I requested a call by mistake
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where should I file tax return?

Thank you for your reply.

You state you are non resident and living abroad.

If you don't have any income arising in the UK you are not required to file a UK tax return.

I hope this is helpful.