How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8768
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I recently got a £30k bill for HMRC that I need to pay £22K

This answer was rated:

I recently got a £30k bill for HMRC that I need to pay £22K by the 31 Jan. I don't have that liquid other than getting a loan, is there another way to repay with out effecting my credit?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, I am researching tax professionals now that can help
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: The tax year just gone 2019-2020
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a small business and I also wanted to understand PAYE implications to my business. My priority though is getting clarity on HMRC

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The 19/20 tax year does not end until 5 April 2020. Are you sure that this fishy communication is not a phishing attempt by a rogue in an attempt to extort money from you?

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it is from my accountant. I checked apologies it is 2018-2019 tax year.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, are you available to chat online

From long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

I think we covered everything in the telephone calls.

Thank you for your support.