How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9021
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Concerning UK residency, how can I prove that I did not work

This answer was rated:

Concerning UK residency, how can I prove that I did not work in the UK. it seems impossible to prove a negative.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Submit a Form P85 advising your date of departure from the UK and HMRC will classify you as non resident

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That I have, but there is a whole set of rules about being out of the country for x days and not working in the UK etc. Have you much experience with that, as it is a bit specialised?

Once classified as non resident you can spend up to 90 days in the UK without infringing your non resident status.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for offering an answer but it is not strictly correct. There are now a number of other tests to pass depending on the number of ties you have with UK. Would it be possible to speak to an advisor who has more experience in this area?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have answered a previous question last year and saved me many sleepless nights, so I am still willing to pay again on that basis alone.

Once you send in a P85 all your problems should melt away.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.