How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My company is providing me with blocked share as part of my

Customer Question

Hi my company is providing me with blocked share as part of my salary package. The shares are transferred to me immediately but cannot be traded for a period of 3 years. Can I defer the tax payment on the amout awarded to the time when the block expires?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: thans it thank you. Emiliano
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.


Is this share scheme HMRC approved?