taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Is there an upper limit on employers national insurance

Hi there
Is there an upper limit on employers national insurance contributions ? Any remuneration above £8632 pa I believe is due a 13.8% NI contribution -is this correct ?
Many thanks *****

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

There is no upper limit on employers national insurance contributions. Earnings above £8,632 attract 13.8% NI.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

All contractual and non-contractual PILON payments are subject to income tax and National Insurance deductions. It's up to your employer to identify what you would have earned in basic pay if you had worked through your notice period.

I hope this is helpful.