How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8983
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am an independent management consultant registered in UK

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am an independent management consultant registered in UK for tax and VAT. I have a potential client in USA and need to know if I charge them VAT or need any other licence to offer my management services
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Trading with the States is a zero rated supply and although you do invoice with VAT this is at a rate of 0%. That is all you need to worry about trading with the States.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thx - what if although I am working and billing the USA company but one of their client's that I may complete work and give managed advice to is based in the UK, do I need to charge VAT then?

Are you billing this client direct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will bill the USA client, not their UK client

Then the zero rate VAT applies.

I would like to talk, but from long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

I think we covered everything in the telephone call.

Thank you for your support.