taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My wife owns a rented house which brings in 650 per month.

My wife owns a rented house which brings in 650 per month. She has a state pension of 9000, Does she have to fill in a return and if so where do I find it on line. Keith ( Husband)
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: WE used to have an Accountant but it cost £300 plus and I think I can do this with a little help
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am taxed at source on an Army Pension and have been told I do not need to fill in a yearly return. So it is only my wife
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: the 2019 - 2020

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Your wife needs to file a tax return as she has income from property and this is taxable. You say we used to have an accountant. I take it your wife has a UTR number. If so, we can register to file her tax return online. She would need a Government Gateway user ID and password ***** this and you can register here

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

Alternatively, she could file her tax return in paper format and you can download the relevant tax forms here

https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-forms-and-helpsheets

You need

SA100 - main tax return

SA105 - UK property income

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.