How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7245
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My wife owns a rented house which brings in 650 per month.

This answer was rated:

My wife owns a rented house which brings in 650 per month. She has a state pension of 9000, Does she have to fill in a return and if so where do I find it on line. Keith ( Husband)
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: WE used to have an Accountant but it cost £300 plus and I think I can do this with a little help
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am taxed at source on an Army Pension and have been told I do not need to fill in a yearly return. So it is only my wife
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: the 2019 - 2020

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

Your wife needs to file a tax return as she has income from property and this is taxable. You say we used to have an accountant. I take it your wife has a UTR number. If so, we can register to file her tax return online. She would need a Government Gateway user ID and password ***** this and you can register here

Alternatively, she could file her tax return in paper format and you can download the relevant tax forms here

You need

SA100 - main tax return

SA105 - UK property income

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.