taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I need to invoice a india based company but they are telling

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need to invoice a india based company but they are telling me 20% will be deducted from my invoice
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: this year
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Any tax deducted at source would be available for foreign tax credit relief when you file your tax return with HMRC.

You need to complete supplementary pages SA106 to claim foreign tax relief.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So i should invoice the correct amount and not add 20% to my invoice.

This is a one time service i am not a director of a limited company

Thank you for your reply.

Your invoice should show the correct value of goods supplied/service provided and not be inflated by 20% tax to be deducted by Indian customer.

Make sure you have documentation from the customer confirming tax deducted at source.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Many thanks.